K.E. Saxon's Books

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fourth HIghlands Romance Nearly Completed!


Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to give you an update, if you follow my blog, but don't visit my website or FB page often. I am down to only needing maybe a paragraph to finish Robert's story (although, technically, it's really the heroine's story)! The last paragraph is going to require some research, otherwise, I would have written it already, I promise!!! Also, I ended up needing to do quite a bit of research for what I wanted to do in the epilogue in general, which is why I haven't updated actual word-writing numbers the last few days. (Plus, I was on a trip back to my hometown to clear out some of my things and other memorabilia from my childhood home after my mother's passing last month). In the meantime, I've put a couple of teasers on that FB page as well, FYI. ;-) 


After I finish writing the story, it will be going through some intensive edits (meaning I'm perfecting, polishing, finding flaws, as opposed to extensive, meaning cutting out chunks and rewriting a lot---I do that as I go along, which is why it takes me so long to get a book finished, LOL!), which will take some time (but hopefully not TOO much!). It all depends on what my editor finds. I will definitely keep you posted on my progress as I go along.

As I've said before, the story is so much fun! Very sexy, with plenty of evil-doers and love-complications thrown in.  And Robert is such a guy! He tickles me. I cannot WAIT to share the story. Lots of plot twists and supporting characters to round it all out (as I'm sure those of you who are familiar with my previous Highlander books are familiar with--and possibly even counting on!) Please send me some positive vibes, as I can always use them!! 

Here's my current word count:    

 Wishing you and yours all the best,

4 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about your mom's passing, K. :(
    I hope you are doing okay. My condolences.

    I am really excited about this book. I am happy to hear that you are almost completely done with it. :)
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your thoughtful and so kind words regarding my mother's death. Yes, it has been very difficult for me and my siblings, but we all know she was in so much pain at the end and that she was ready to go. Even with that, of course, you are really never prepared to say the final goodbye.

      I wrote "The End" on my manuscript yesterday, and am beginning the clean up now. I'll keep you posted!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your mom may have passed away, but she lives on in your heart. I lost both my parents and while it was hard on me for a long time, it does get easier. Try to think of all the good times, her smile, her laughter and forget about the pain she suffered. She is pain free now and I'm sure she is smiling down on you.

    I'm really looking forwards to your book being released. I will absolutely be reading it when it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for those kind words of comfort, Kathleen, they mean a lot. Yes, it has been pretty heart-wrenching for me. It's so hard knowing I can never talk to her again. Thankfully, I'd saved a voicemail, so I can at least hear her voice when I want to. I hadn't done that with my Dad, and I wish like hell I had. Gutting and selling my childhood home is another grieving experience all its own that I didn't have to deal with when Dad died. Talk about a turning point/end of an era. I am getting through it day by day, as you said, and it is getting easier as time goes by. My sister has been such a comfort, and she's the real hero in all this, because she's been the one dealing with the funeral and the estate. Thank you again.

      Delete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.