Sunday, January 27, 2013

(The Last) SixSunday 44 HIGHLAND VENGEANCE



Well, even though I'm ass-deep in alligators trying to juggle getting two books up in audio format, attempting a big sale this weekend, AND somehow getting time to work on my WIP, I simply could not miss saying 'BYE! to you all and thanking Sara Brookes for being the originator and coordinator for this wonderful Six Sentence Sunday ride we've all been on.

I've found some great reads and made some fast friends along the way. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to stop by and sit a spell, leave a comment, make me laugh, share my blog addy on one of the social networks. Much love.

Today, I decided to give you six from the first book in my Highlands Trilogy, Highland Vengeance. It's on sale through Wednesday, January 30, for only $0.99, so grab a copy if you like steamy historicals.


Micro-mini Blurb:
Set in the turn of the thirteenth century Scottish Highlands, this is the story of Daniel MacLaurin, a handsome, rugged warrior-laird haunted by his past, and Maryn Donald, the beautiful, high-spirited lass destined to help him find his heart's ease.
A Family Saga / Adventure Romance

* * * * *
Six Sentences:

Suddenly realizing that all conversation around her had come to a halt, Maryn lifted her gaze from her trencher and saw that Laird MacLaurin watched her with a strange light in his eyes. She felt the instant flush of heat on her neck and face. She’d clearly sickened the man with her eager feeding! “‘Tis just that I’ve had naught to eat since last eve....”

The young laird grinned at her and grabbed an extra large piece of mutton off of her trencher, then stuffed it in his mouth and chewed happily.
This unexpected show of camaraderie allowed her to relax and even smile at his antics.

* * * * *
Thanks again for stopping by and hope to see you around the 'net again real soon!!

If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink


 




41 comments:

  1. I agree with Dee. It's a cute snippet. I'm so happy I got the chance to meet you and discover your writing through the SSS hop. Good luck in 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! And same here! Thanks so much for writing a review and posting it to GR! MUCH appreciated!!!!

      Delete
  2. Sweet that she was accepted so easily into the fold. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! So glad to see you here this weekend!!!

      Delete
  3. Good world building and nice intro to the personality of the Laird. I'm glad we met through SSS. I "Liked" you on FB so I can keep up with your work. Good luck in 2013!

    ~gem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gem! Same here...and same to you!! I think I liked your page, too, but I'll double check. Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Loved the fun interaction! You write the best stories! Hopefully the hashtag, #sixsunday, will live on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Patricia! I sure hope it will!!

      Delete
  5. Ah, clearly these two are meant for each other! Loved the snippet, as always...I have so enjoyed reading your Six Sentence excerpts every week...good luck with all the things you're juggling this weekend! Hugs and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica! I've thoroughly enjoyed yours as well!! Thanks for the friendship!

      Delete
  6. I love a Scottish historical, and this sounds like a good one. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!! So glad you stopped by ;)

      Delete
  7. It's been a while havent seen you around and missed you. Will have to keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how he grabs her food, he's a playful one, for sure! I've enjoyed this ride with you on SSS, I hope you continue!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! Ditto, ditto, ditto to you!!

      Delete
  9. You are a busy girl! I love the sound of this series. Sweet six.

    ReplyDelete
  10. KE, don't go away! You are one of the authors I've 'fanned' over--and all because of Six Sentence Sunday! Keep on rocking and hope to see you at a conference in the near future. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karysa! Same here!! I just found out you're doing an FB SSS, gotta sign up!!

      Delete
  11. I love the pacing here and how his actions set her at ease. You communicate a lot in this 6. Well done. I hope you keep sharing, b/c I want more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, S.J.! I gotta finish my WIP (really keep my head down), but I will definitely be back!!

      Delete
  12. gotta love it when a woman doesn't worry about the calories :-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They both have healthy appetites! That bodes well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been so great getting to know you too hon! You've been a tremendous help to me and I can't thank you enough! Love your work!!!! Hate that you're juggling, but your stories are so wonderful! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've loved your writing since I first read you on SSS. So glad I got to meet you. We must keep in touch! And I love a steamy historical, so I'm off to download this Scottish medieval--my favorite period! It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved yours, too! thanks formthe download!

      Delete
  16. Very nice and playful! Thanks for all your support, K - your regular comments on my early posts always gave me the warm-fuzzies. Hope to see you on one of the SSS reincarnations :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, that laird sounds very interesting!!
    Hope to see you at Weekend Writing Warriors (starting next week, same as SSS but with 8 sentences) http://www.wewriwa.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by, Paula! thanks for the link as well!

      Delete
  18. I love a man who loves a woman with a healthy appetite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm... I think he is good for her self-esteem! :) Great six! And, I saw your ad on Bookbub! Best of luck with your sale! I'm looking forward to keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is very cute! And he seems like a man I'd like to get to know much better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, wow, I love this guy already! What a perfect thing to do. I've enjoyed your work through SSS and hope to see you making the rounds on Sundays again! (I'm not always a week late. Really. LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I'll do the rounds again after I get through writing and editing my next manuscript. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.