Sunday, October 14, 2012

SixSunday 41 A HEART IS A HOME



Real quick: Since most of us who do the rounds on the SSS blog list are writers, and since this subject came up on one of my writing loops this week, AND since it's so important, I thought I'd give you a link to a couple of great posts (one includes a downloadable file which will help you in the short or long term):

Q: What happens to our ebooks after we die?
A: It can be a nightmare if you haven't properly prepared for such an occurrence.

Here's the link to a blog post that Neil Gaiman did regarding this exact subject. Read it, take care of yourself, and pass it on. GO TO GAIMAN BLOG POST

And here's a link to another great post discussing other tidbits of information regarding your intellectual property that you will need to pass along (or have readily findable/available) to the inheritors of your estate: GO TO COPYRIGHT & PROBATE PLANNING

Okay, enough of that. Back to SSS. A Heart Is A Home: Christmas in Texas is now available for sale at the biggest online retailers, and since I promised to get you into Joy's POV, I'll keep going with this one for a while longer.

For those new to this particular story, this is a story I started a while back, but hadn't really worked on in ages until recently. It's the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.

Here's a really cool magazine-style excerpt for you to look at (I put a REALLY long excerpt in this one: It goes all the way into Chapter Four).




I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from my last sss post. The first lines in this snippet start a new paragraph, and is still in Adam's POV (only three more sentences, then we are FINALLY in Joy's POV--although in real romance-reading time, this is really not a long length of writing to be in one POV, LOL!--maybe 2-4 minutes reading time, max.)

 

When she looked at him, he read a flash of irritation in her eyes before she quickly shuttered them with a blink. Upon opening them again, the cool professional was firmly back in place. “Hello, Mr. Taylor. Finished with the documents already?”

“Yes. I thought I’d just see how the inspection was coming along. Are you finding any problems that will need to be remedied before you can put the house on the market?” 



If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

23 comments:

  1. There is so much tension between them, and so many things unsaid. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's one observant guy. You couldn't hide much from him - but she's trying. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stole a little time yesterday and read A Heart is Home yesterday, and loved it! It's a very sweet and beautifully written book. You did a a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! I'm so happy you liked it. =D

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the links and info above. In your six, he's doing his own inspecting. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gem! Nice to see you back on the SSS list. I'll be right over...

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the lady is buttoned up to the neck---should be interesting!

    And thinks for the information. I never think of these things . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off thanks for those links...stuff you don't really think about often for sure but nice to have the knowledge to prepare.

    And as for your six...loved her actions in that first paragraph..very smooth writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting, and I'm glad my links helped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this story, it's on my kindle, waiting for me! Another excellent excerpt (and thanks for the links).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the links, K.E. Like Boy Scouts, we need to be prepared!

    Her problem is she needs to lighten up. I wonder if he can help her with that? :)

    BTW--I have a Christmas book promotion coming up in December and wondered if you'd like to promote this book in it? Shoot me an email and let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to reading this - great excerpt, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought this last week and can't wait to dig in. Super six!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you to everyone that bought the eBook. Sure hope you like it. It's a "feel good" Christmas story with some hot sex, too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice six and thanks for the links. That subject has actually been on my mind in recent weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I very much enjoy the tension between these two! Great six! Thanks for sharing the links as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Things are simmering! Must go buy a copy of this story. I'm sure it is going to be a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the tension lurking behind the formality here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The two faces of Joy, lol. The tension continues to roll in another great 6. Thanks for the links, I'm going to have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Continuing to enjoy these snippets and can't wait to get Joy's POV!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tension! Looking forward to your next six! :)
    And, thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The flash of irritation is well played. And lucky for me, I'm late and the next six is already up so I don't have to wait! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.