Sunday, September 30, 2012

SixSunday 40 A HEART IS A HOME WIP



Hello, hello, hello!! Just realized I did something wrong when I signed up yesterday and my name didn't get added to the list this week, BUMMER!! So, if you're being a rebel and stopping and posting a comment anyway, MUCHAS, MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Guess what? I got to the happily-ever-after on this story FRIDAY (Yep, TWO days ago, LOL!). Now, for the critiques, beta reads, revisions and edits.

I'm still sharing some snippets from one of my WIPs, titled A Heart Is A Home. We're now not too far from the end of the original 1406 words that I'd written a couple of years back (and all in only Adam's POV). If you can hang on, I'll share some of Joy's POV, too. I will post every single sentence written (even though it's not been edited yet) in its order up until I get the whole thing published. Here's the original 1406 word snippet (that we STILL haven't gotten through!!) click here

The finished product (prior to editing) is approx. 36K (Joy was a tough nut to crack, LOL!)

For those new to this particular story, it's one I started a while back, but hadn't really worked on in ages until recently. It's the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.


I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from my last sss post. The first lines in this snippet are a continuation of the paragraph, thought and action from last time. 

 


The wrestling match with his better judgment lasted less time than it took to count it. He lifted his hot mug and strode up the back kitchen stairs to the second floor landing and then, with even more purpose, directly into the room she was in.

The window sheers made the sunlight streaming in twinkle and shimmer as it illuminated floating fairies dancing around her blonde head. His heart tripped. Lovely. Why hadn’t he noticed how pretty she was before?



If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

19 comments:

  1. If better judgement ever won in these situations, there would be far fewer romance novels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely vision! We get to hear her side of the story?? Yay! Can't wait! Congrats on finishing, love that feeling. :) Sensational six, KE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the imagery in your final paragraph. It's breathtaking. Congrats on finishing your first draft. That's always the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "That's always the hardest part." You ain't just whistlin' Dixie. I always live in dread that I'm going to write myself into a corner and not be able to find a way out. I LOVE getting to the part where I can type [The End].

      Delete
  4. Love how he seemed so determined before, but she made him pause. Nice six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your voice in this snippet....very well written!

    (and I had fun being a rebel...hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys for stopping by and commenting! You totally, totally, TOTALLY rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad his 'better judgement' lost out! Lovely description of her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOT what I was expecting next, LOL, which is a good & fun thing. Loved the description! Terrific six, as always...

    ReplyDelete
  9. surprised he noticed - can't wait for her POV

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, soooo sweet. The way you wrote his reaction is spot on. Congrats on finishing the first draft!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busting into her business? He better be careful. I suspect she's the type to kick him in the nuts and follow through with a hot coffee bath. On the other hand, I love how he's stopped in his tracks by her appearance. Great six, again, K.E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, why hadn't he noticed? Obviously needed a strong coffee to kick start him. Well we all know that feeling. I like this story. The plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so smart! That's the exact intended implication. However, I think it's hard to catch those nuances when you only read 6 at a time, so bravo, you!!

      Delete
  13. Adore Adam and his growing attraction to her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A-hah! At last an inkling of romance emerges. :) Glad Adam is getting with the program. I love this story and can't wait to see how she responds to his entrance. This is about to get really good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww loved that floating fairies description :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The vivid description adds to the tension. I can totally identify with his thinking why he didn't notice how pretty she was before! Great six!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.