Sunday, September 23, 2012

SixSunday 39 A HEART IS A HOME WIP



Hi everyone!!! Hope you're having a FABULOUS weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I truly appreciate your feedback.

I'm still sharing some snippets from one of my WIPs, titled A Heart Is A Home. We're now not too far from the end of the original 1406 words that I'd written a couple of years back (and all in only Adam's POV). If you can hang on, I'll share some of Joy's POV, too. I will post every single sentence written (even though it's not been edited yet) in its order up until I get the whole thing written. I'm now up to about 23K words of the 30K I'm shooting for. Anyone interested in reading the entire 1406 words click here

For those new to this particular story, it's one I started a while back, but hadn't really worked on in ages until recently. It's the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.


I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from my last sss post. The first lines in this snippet are a continuation of the paragraph, thought and action from last time. 

 

Pretty straight forward, nothing he wasn’t expecting. He filled in information where needed and signed and dated where indicated. He was done in ten minutes. He took a quick peek at his watch. He’d only been in here fifteen minutes.

He heard the floorboards creak above his head and looked up. She must be in Grandpa’s room now.



If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

15 comments:

  1. I like how he knows all the sounds of the house. Gonna be harder for him to sell then he expects. Nice six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying this story...but so waiting for him to melt her senseless! I always enjoy when a hero or heroine are a bit emotionless or reserved and the other loosens them up! lol Nice six!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the other snippets I had missed. This is such a great story. I love Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he knows where she is. I'm also wondering what it must feel like to him, to see a stranger roaming his house like that. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet he's just itching to go find her. This is going to be a hard sell--in so many ways! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm waiting for them to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tension here with him signing it all away but still so aware of what he's losing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even thinking about her in Grandpa's room has got to be a turn on right? He's a guy. It's a bedroom. Case closed! Lovely - subtle and sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're looking at this for a short story? at the moment they can't stand each other...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tension between feeling his loss (Grandpa's room) and not feeling (quickly signing the papers).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so enjoying the story - interesting the hero is so conscious of the time passing...can't wait to read his next conversation with the real estate agent - great six!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He knows exactly where she is, go get her, man, lol. The anticipation is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, too, love his sense of awareness. You did a great job of showing this!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.