Sunday, September 2, 2012

A HEART IS A HOME WIP #SixSunday 36



Happy Sunday Sixers! For my U.S. friends, I hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

I'm still sharing some snippets from one of my WIPs, tentatively titled A Heart Is A Home.

For those new to this particular story, it's one I started a while back, but haven't really worked on in ages. It's not even completely formulated in my head, but it is the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.


I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from my last sss post. The first line in this snippet finishes Ms. Pettigrew's response to Adam's reminding her that he's an attorney, so he doesn't need her to explain the legal forms to him. Then we are immediately back in Adam's POV. 

 
“Fine then.” She scooted a few documents out of the sleeved black cover of her clipboard and held them out as she walked toward him. “Perhaps you could fill these out while I’m making my notes on your property?”

For some reason, her calling it a “property” and not a “home” really bugged him. “Maybe I should take the tour with you.” He took a step toward her.



If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

22 comments:

  1. I'm sure he'll show her the difference. ;) Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sample. Bet she'll shed her stodgy ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the way you foreshadow his attachment to the place. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tension :) I like the briskness of her dialogue in contrast the to chagrin of his annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it bothers him, perhaps he's not ready to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always had an issue with that too! A home is so much more than a property. I hope Adam gets to show her the difference.

    Hey, a big congrats to you on the success of your Highland Vengeance series. WTG, KE! I haven't had the chance to read them yet but they're on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! I know what you mean about "getting a chance to read" I've got SO many books downloaded that I haven't been able to even OPEN yet, I've been so busy with "the business of writing". But I get worried I'll forget about them if I don't just buy them and get them on my reader! So frustrating!

      Delete
  7. I'd have to agree with him on that, too, and I love that conflict and sparks it implies between. Terrific six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I feel trouble coming on. Miss Clipboard isn't going to take his interference for a minute, lawyer or no lawyer. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had computer issues last week. I did make it around to read, just wasn’t able to comment. Things are all better now so I can leave my “mark”. I can sense some conflict starting to develop both in last week's snippet and today's.

    Keep up the terrific work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silver! I know what you mean about computer issues...today, mine's running like it's got molasses in its circuitry. REALLY slowing me down, which, therefore, "p"s me off. Ugh.

      Delete
  10. Yes, I can see sparks are about to fly with these two. Great six, K!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your use of the words and how they mean something completely opposite with the 2 characters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed reading here but back now. And you say this is a romance?? not yet it ain't lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmm, wonder if they'll make use of a room or two soon? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They do mean something different. I want to give him a hug :) I'm glad he's keeping his head in the game, b/c he needs to stick by her side.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These two are going to battle every step of the way to the bed, aren't they? So tense, K.E. You make me want to shake both of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good tension here. She's all business, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes, he should definitely do the tour with her - more sparks will ensue LOL. Loving this story, excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely think he needs to give her the tour...lol. I'm enjoying these characters...I wonder how long before he melts her outer shell!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think something's about to explode! You can cut this antagonism with a butter knife! Great tension!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.