Sunday, August 12, 2012

A HEART IS A HOME wip #SixSunday 34



Happy Six Sentence Sunday to you! Hope you've had a productive week. I certainly have.  Thanks so much for stopping by and, as always, I appreciate your comments.

Still sharing some snippets from one of my WIPs, tentatively titled A Heart Is A Home.

For those new to this particular story, it's one I started a while back, but haven't really worked on in ages. It's not even completely formulated in my head, but it is the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.


I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from last week. This snippet is part of the same paragraph as the last line from last week's installment.


 
 
    
“No thank you. I’ll be through here in no time. If I have any questions pertaining to the house, I’ll come find you.” She stopped walking and turned to face him. “Oh, I will need you to fill out some papers for me before I leave.” She glanced at her watch. “I’ll meet you over there”—she pointed to the front sitting room—“in forty-five minutes.”







If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

21 comments:

  1. You've done a great job nailing her professional sounding voice. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Jess's comment - I also thought she sounded cool and profesional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the ladies above. I could hear and see her perfectly while I was reading this six. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is definitely all business! Fun characters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can't wait until Adam cracks her professional shell and discovers the real Ms. Pettigrew. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you've got me wondering what they could POSSIBLY be doing for that 45 minutes???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how she is all business and so exact...I wonder how long that'll last! lol I have a feeling she has no idea what she's in for! Nice six again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her sensibility. You really are killing me here. I'm dying to watch her unravel. lol Fabulous six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 45 minutes? She is very plan-oriented, isn't she? Something tells me he'll be disrupting her plans soon. Good six!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm...is this the start of something 'steamy'??? *wiggles eyebrows*...
    Hugs,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got her character down cold here, K. Very nice sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, you've captured her professionalism very well here! Can't wait to see how he gets through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All business. She even knows how long it's going to take. There's got to be a crack in there somewhere, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. no question about her motives. All business. And I agree could see and hear her coldness

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dang. That's some cooool focus on that woman. I wonder if he'll view that as a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, she's Miss No-Nonsense. I suspect her schedule is going to be thrown off, but good. I hope so, at least. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's very determined, isn't she? Wonder if she'll thaw? Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love "opposites attract" stories. This sounds like a good one! Fun six.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's so intent on business - now WHY do I have a strong feeling either there WILL be questions, or else he'll feel the need to walk with her? Something will happen to throw them together, I'm SURE LOL. Can't wait, enjoying this story. Another excellent snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. And so begins the uphill battle :-) Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.