Sunday, August 26, 2012

A HEART IS A HOME wip #SixSunday 35



Hi Everyone! Sorry I dropped the ball last weekend and forgot to post, but I had my head deep into my writing last weekend and just didn't come up for air.

Anyway, I'm still sharing some snippets from one of my WIPs, tentatively titled A Heart Is A Home.

For those new to this particular story, it's one I started a while back, but haven't really worked on in ages. It's not even completely formulated in my head, but it is the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.


I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from my last sss post. The first line in this snippet finishes the previous paragraph, and dialogue, of Ms. Pettigrew. Then we are immediately back in Adam's POV. 
 
    

“I’ll go over them with you then, if that suits?”

 Now this is the woman he’d spoken to before. “Certainly. I’m an attorney, though, so I’m used to legal documents. You won’t need to explain them to me.”

“Oh yes, you mentioned that in our previous conversation."


If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

21 comments:

  1. You've nailed the uptight dialouge. This snippet reminds me of Angela from the Office. It will be interesting to see what she's like once she starts to unwind. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously not what he expected her to look like. Great six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your six...I like her cold confidence....wonder if he'll thaw her a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm an attorney" - now should someone be worried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Like the man said: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." (just kidding, tee hee)

      Delete
  5. Getting to know you, getting to know alll about you . . . :)

    Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, still very formal - but somehow the air's crackling between them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Paula. They're wearing each other down, aren't they? Super six as usual, KE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the interaction between them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's still all business, but did I detect a hint of one-upsmanship here? When these two let loose it's gonna be so much fun to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what a stick she is. It's going to be fun to watch her melt. (Mixing metaphors there, but you get the idea!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that description of her! I may steal it for my WIP (if I can find a good place for it). Stick indeed. Love it, love it, love it.

      Delete
  11. Ooo, I sense some tension there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how he intuits the switch in her demeanor. Nice six, K!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The battle of wills is just getting started. Credentials have been laid forth. Who's gonna make the next move, I wonder. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh... egos are on the rise! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with Linda--I'm waiting to watch him unravel her. Nice tension in this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad she's standing up! Great six honey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to bust these two for their cold business demeanor. I can already tell the payoff is going to be completely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the tension and attitude between this pair. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.