Sunday, July 22, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #31



Welcome and welcome back to my Six Sentence Sunday contribution!

\Still sharing some snippets from one of my WIPs, tentatively titled A Heart Is A Home.

For those new to this particular story, it's one I started a while back, but haven't really worked on in ages. It's not even completely formulated in my head, but it is the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.


I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from last week. The first two sentences of the snippet are the last in the previous paragraph in which he'd asked her if she was Joyce Pettigrew's assistant.


   He craned his neck to look further down the line of the painted gray porch and nearly gave himself a charley horse in the already abused body part. Slapping his hand over the sharp twinge and giving it a hard rub, he brought his body back into alignment.

   The girl thrust out her hand at him. “You must be Mr. Taylor. I’m Ms. Pettigrew.”

   The handshake she gave him was firm and self-assured. Now that his eyes and brain were a little more awake, he could see that she wasn’t quite as young as she’d first appeared to him. She was still much younger than he’d expected, but she was no teenager.





If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

21 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what happens now they have met. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so she IS Ms. Pettigrew - interesting! Can't wait for more dialog between these two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pleasant discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opposites attract and they certainly seem to be in different corners of the ring. Let the games begin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what other surprises she'll have for him. Nice six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet he'll be interested in her soon. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great six! I love that his first impression didn't match his pre-conception. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charley horses are the worst. But he kind of brought it on himself . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stories that feature an uptight woman (or man, for that matter) who learns to loosen up. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder what his next impression of her will be? Not as young as he thought and... She seems pretty no-nonsense with that handshake. Great pairing in this work, K. E.!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great six. I'm loving her character so far. I agree with Linda...I love stories where someone has to learn to loosen up and I look forward to watching him unravel her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet their exchanges are highly charged. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your six, looking forward to more...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the cadence of your first paragraph. I'm guessing there's going to be some fun fireworks coming up in the next couple sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  15. excellent descriptions, both physical and emotional

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love his sleepy confusion and her rigid self-assurance. That's a match waiting to explode into flames. And I'm looking forward to it, K.E.! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great six, look forward to fireworks between these two.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These two must be a blast to write and they are a lot of fun to read. Fun 6.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The visual of the scene emerged nicely! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really enjoying this story, every week leaves me wanting to keep reading...excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another amazing excerpt! I love reading this each week and can't wait for next Sunday!
    Hugs,
    A

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.