Sunday, July 15, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #30



Hi everyone! Today I'll be over at The Romance Reviews Forum doing an author chat, so I'll be doing the SSS crawl slowly, probably even into next week. Thanks for stopping by and, as always, I appreciate your comments and feedback!

\Still sharing some snippets from one of my WIPs, tentatively titled A Heart Is A Home.
For those new to this particular story, it's one I started a while back, but haven't really worked on in ages. It's not even completely formulated in my head, but it is the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.


I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from last week. The first sentence of the snippet is the first sentence in a new paragraph.

He peeked through the beveled glass in the front door. The woman on the other side didn’t match the voice he’d spoken to a few days ago. That woman was at least fifty, he figured, and a real drill sergeant to boot. Someone, in other words, with lots of experience and efficient enough to take this chore in hand and allow him to get back to his real life in Houston right away.

He flipped the lock and opened the door. “Hi, are you Joyce Pettigrew’s assistant?”

If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

18 comments:

  1. Miss Efficient is on the other side of the beveled glass door. Great description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I've hit the ground running this morning (Ack! I had people posting on the chat before I'd even gotten my own initial q&a up, eep!) Glad you enjoyed meeting Adam's match, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think she'll surprise him. Great six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I can't wait to read next week's snippet! Bet Adam is in for a surprise. Love this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's cute! I'm looking forward to learning more about her. Great job with the description.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, bringing a cute blonde into the mix! Can't wait for the next scene. Nice intro, KE. Have fun with TRR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, dear. She's going to launch into him, isn't she? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, if we're very lucky (and I do this right), him into her (eventually). ;-))

      Delete
  8. I think he's in for a wild ride and has no idea what's coming at him. LOL Isn't that the best way in romance? :) Great six, KE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, she's not going to like that one bit! Great intro, K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think she's gonna make him regret that greeting. Great set up, KE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you, too funny and unexpected. Great hanger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her assistant? Now I'm wishing for six more sentences! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Men should never assume. She teach him not to make that mistake again! Teehee. She probably wants to punch him. Cute snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh, I sense conflict coming. I'm wondering what she's going to have to say about his assumption. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Something tells me she's not the assistant. Good six!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems like he's going to have to revise his thinking very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.