Sunday, June 24, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #27





Hi all, and happy Six Sentence Sunday to you!


Still sharing some snippets from one of my WIPs, tentatively titled A Heart Is A Home.


For those new to this particular story, it's one I started a while back, but haven't really worked on in ages. It's not even completely formulated in my head, but it is the story of Adam Taylor (Jason's friend and lawyer from Love Is The Drug), a free-spirited sort who meets and falls for a thoroughly efficient and just a bit stodgy realtor whom he's hired to sell the home he grew up in after the death of his grandfather.

I'm picking up directly after the last sentence from last week. This begins a new paragraph.

mrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreen

He’d put his grandpa in the ground today. Eighty-five years, plus three days since the man came into this world.
 
And now, all Adam had were memories, a few photos, and this house.

The realtor would be here tomorrow morning. It hadn’t been an easy decision to put the old girl up for sale. Especially after walking her halls again, smelling the down-home must of her, hearing her aged bones creak as he moved across her dark-stained oak floors.

If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

22 comments:

  1. I love the personification of the house, beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He wants to put the house up for sale, but I have a feeling something will change his mind. Great six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nostalgic scene with a touch a sadness. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking he's not going to sell after all.:) Beautiful six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the description of the house. Excellent! This really has the "voice" of a wonderful novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I'm really loving these snippets. I really feel for him, and this one just breaks my heart. This must be so hard for him. Excellent six.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and moving description of his Grandfather's house. I was instantly taken back to when I had to sell my Dad's house. I felt exactly the same way. Such evocative writing, KE! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe he shouldn't sell... I love the feel of this story, the kind of book to read in one day put it down but not leave the world and characters created

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last sentence is absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the description of the house - my grandmother had one just like it. Really enjoying this story, hope it gets out of the WIP stage sooner than later so I can read it ALL. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL from my own blog, but I've been hopping to everyone else's and THOROUGHLY loving catching up on your great stories!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. Needless to say, I'm thrilled you are enjoying my itty-bitty wip (I think I've only written about 1200 words all together, which I'm planning on sharing with you guys, word for word.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading a book that in a few short sentences has me so vividly into it I can smell the scents and hear the creaks in the floor. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, I can just feel the emotions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great six - wonderful description of the smells and sounds of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like I was transported to the house. Very cool 6.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, lovely six! Great emotion resonating in your description.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, I liked this, the description, the emotion. It took me back vividly to my last walk-through of the house I grew up in before my parents sold it. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way that this story has been unfolding. You have a nice quiet writing style that seems to perfectly suit this characters melancholy state. Fantastic 6!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great visual, KE! I love how you invoked multi senses here.
    Super six!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderfully written reflection. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.