Sunday, February 19, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #12




For those of you who may not have been following these threads, this is from the shy, self-sacrificing, "good" sister, Delilah's story in DIAMONDS AND TOADS: A MODERN FAIRY TALE, my hot and steamy contemporary romance romp. (Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and All Romance eBooks. If you'd like to read an excerpt, click here.)


Gordon Laite illustration: Toads & Diamonds
Set-up: Delilah's brand new fiancé, Chas, has just been (unknowingly) led by the fairy to the street where the dungeon of Delilah's assertiveness training dominatrix mentor is located...and discovered Delilah about to enter. He has no idea exactly why she's there or for what purpose. But he's about to find out...







He shoved his hands onto his hips and jabbed his head in the direction of his Beemer. “Get in—we can talk there.”

She jerked a nod and walked in front of him toward his car. As she moved, for the first time, it registered just how easily she glided across the pavement in the heels. Yet another wave of feral anger swept across his solar plexus, clenching the muscles of his abdomen into taut, fierce, painful, fireballs.

Clearly, this wasn’t her first time in six-inch spikes.



Well, I'm sure you've already figured out WHAT he's going to find out about her, LOL!

Soooo, next week I thought I might give you a glimpse into what he DOES with that information! (Or should I say what THEY do?)
mrgreenmrgreenmrgreenmrgreen


Following those snippets, I think I'll do a few posts from my newest novella, A STRANGER'S KISS, available exclusively on Amazon.com.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?



If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

19 comments:

  1. Great description of his anger! Can't wait to see what he does with what he learns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for her to put that training to use! Love the word "feral." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense a clash coming, definitely the heat level is amping up here, enjoyed the excerpt as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well maybe I'm slow but can think of several things. But I do wonder why she got into the car with him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Somehow I lost you: She's a domme (in secret) and the man she's madly in love with, whom she's just become engaged to, and who believes she's NOT got a dark side, has just discovered a very sexy dark side to her that has scared the shit out of him, at the same time that it is turning him on. It's tough with the six sentence at a time thing--easy to lose the thread, I know. I find myself going back and rereading past snippets to remind myself of the storyline as well on others' blogs. Hugs for stopping by, ALWAYS appreciated. =D

      Delete
  5. LOL She's showing him! Great six, K.E.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is some great tension between them and I think it is getting ready to explode!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for stopping by today! I've been doing my rounds as well, will get to everyone, I hope (though, like Angela said, may bleed into tomorrow, unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that muscle clenching -- sounds like excellent exercise! Though I imagine he'd rather his workout another way. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm...feral anger and clenching abs. I'm hooked! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think they're gonna make it home; that boy needs to come unwound or he's gonna hurt himself!

    And, thanks, for your lovely comments on my post today. I always appreciate your encouragement, luv!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...nice description and very sexy six.

    Great job...can't wait to read more. ;)

    Michelle
    www.michelle-pickett.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's about to get his eyes opened, lol. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just coming from such training, I don't think she's going to follow such orders for long. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, my husband would reaction totally the same way! I am LOVING this!

    Sarah Ballance

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talk about leading a double life! LOL I wonder just who is going to get spanked? Can't wait to find out. Hot six!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wonderful snippet. So much tension! I can't wait to see what he has to say to her and what his reaction will be. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaha! Love how she takes him by surprise AND how he reacts.

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.