Sunday, January 22, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #8



What a week I've had. I've been writing like a fiend, trying to get finished what started out (in theory) to be a 10,000 word short story/novella. Ooops! It's turned into at least a 15K word story. :)

Beginning next week, I'll be posting a few weeks of snippets from the good sister's story in DIAMONDS AND TOADS: A MODERN FAIRY TALE, my hot and steamy contemporary romance romp. (Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and All Romance eBooks. If you'd like to read an excerpt, click here.)
 

Gordon Laite Illustration: Toads & Diamonds
Set-up: This is from part two, the "bad" sister, Isadora's story. She's been cursed with a quirky little speech impediment by a fairy, which forces her to say highly humiliating things. Sam, Isadora's ex-fiancé, has shown up unexpectedly to the engagement ball for her sister, Delilah (who is marrying the man that Isadora jilted him for in college, his then-best friend). He has no idea about the curse. They're on the dance floor, he's hiding his feelings behind a mask of pretended indifference and blunt words, and has just told her he was surprised and intrigued by the invite, since it wasn't Izzy's name on the card as the bride to be, but Delilah's. So let's see what Izzy has to say to that...



* * *
The hot flush from his ungentlemanly reminder of her desperate attempt to snag Chas now traveled from her bosom, up her neck, to her cheeks. Yes, well, my sister’s made millions since then. “Yes, well, I’ve laid millions since then.”


Shut. Up.


“No doubt.”
* * *


If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

19 comments:

  1. Oh yikes! Poor Izzy! And his answer! *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'd be so mortified! (But I totally laughed out loud. I admit it! LOL.)

    Sarah Ballance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to everyone who's stopped by and left a comment today! I've been off doing the SSS blog hop myself. *whew* But what great reading, right? I'm off to do some more now, back later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call a toad. Ouch, ouch, ouch! But still LOL funny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. And he's the perfect foil for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! I read Diamonds & Toads last week and loved, Loved, LOVED it. I remember bursting out laughing in this scene (and a few others like it). Thanks for writing such a sexy, funny, unexpected read, K.E.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Karysa, for wanting to read it! (And liking it so much :D)

      Delete
  7. Spicy! I love it! It is always a pleasure reading your six. Your characters are so addictive! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your six last week and loved them. These are just as good. I love the idea of you story line!


    Michelle
    www.Michelle-Pickett.com

    Author of Concilium, available July 2012
    Concilium: The Departure, November 2012
    PODs, available June 2013

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man, so not what she wanted to say! Hilarious six, KE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep giggling hysterically at these. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What can I say? I'm thrilled that all you guys have as wicked a sense of humor as I do! Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. Thanks for enjoying my snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, damn! You're heartless, wonderfully heartless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Curious to know more of this story. Nice six! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jessica! Thanks for stopping by again this week! Glad you're enjoying my story :)

      Delete
  14. OMG! I'd also be mortified. Such a hilarious six, KE. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.