Sunday, January 15, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #7




The past weeks I've been sharing snippets from my hot and steamy contemporary romance romp, DIAMONDS AND TOADS: A MODERN FAIRY TALE available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and All Romance eBooks. If you'd like to read an excerpt, click here.


Gordon Laite Illustration: Toads & Diamonds
Set-up: This is from part two, the "bad" sister, Isadora's story. She's been cursed with a quirky little speech impediment by a fairy, which forces her to say highly humiliating things. Sam, Isadora's ex-fiancé, has shown up unexpectedly to the engagement ball for her sister, Delilah (who is marrying the man that Isadora jilted him for in college, his then-best friend). He has no idea about the curse. They're on the dance floor and he's intent on playing the offensive by turning the screw with her, not only for a little justice, but to hide the fact that he still gives a damn about what she did to him, all these years later.

 * * *
Her breath caught in her throat. She blinked and then looked him straight in the eye. His pupils dilated.

“That’s why I was a little surprised,” he said, “when I got this invite, having lost contact with him after that. But I was downright intrigued when I saw that it was Delilah’s name, not yours, on the card.”

* * *
Do NOT miss next week! Izzy speaks, and another doozy comes out of her mouth! (If you missed the first time she spoke, check out either my SSS post #1 or SSS or #2 for a chuckle.)

If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating? Have Fun and Happy Reading!

biggrinbiggrinwinkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

23 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued now too! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alix! I absolutely LOVE yours.

      Delete
  2. Definitely intriguing! I love this scene. Super six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great six - look forward to seeing what she says to him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure whether I feel giddy that she's getting her comeuppance, or sorry for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious to see what she says to that and I'm happy he's surprised about whose name was on the invite. Fun six, KE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sorry for her but then again, she deserves it. I'll be back to see what pops out next week. Fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dichotomy between what he's saying and how his body is reacting. Will this turn out well for one of the 'ugly' sisters, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it intrigued me as well. Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone for stopping by and leaving a comment! My twitter account was hacked, so in between leaving comments on SSS blogs, I've been putting out fires and responding to tweets and emails from my poor followers who were receiving malignant dms. *sigh* Hope everyone else's Sunday is going better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Intriguing plot, and mygosh, just was is she going to say?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh, I like where this is going! What will pop out of her mouth now?

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK. That's it. This has just moved up to the top of my TBR list. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm having such fun reading your excerpts! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I bet that did raise an eyebrow, LOL! I love this six!

    Sarah Ballance

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love what you have going on here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your snippets are always a pleasure to read! I look forward to seeing what she has to say next! Great six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, your plot sounds great! I'll be back to see what she has to say. :0)

    Sorry about your Twitter account.

    Michelle
    www.Michelle-Pickett.com

    Author of Concilium, available July 2012
    Concilium: The Departure, November 2012
    PODs, available June 2013

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, talk about twisting the knife!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Intriguing 6, KE. Yes I'm also wondering what she'll have to say! I'll be back for more next week. : )

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.