Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award


I just received my very first blog award today!
biggrin Yippee! biggrin

Trisha Wilson, author of the Romantic Suspense novel, Daring to Trust (Indigo Girls) nominated my blog for the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.

Thank you Trisha!!

I can get behind that! This blog is sweet and sassy (just like me, LOL!) biggrin


Anyway, here are the rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 10 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

Okay, here are 7 random facts about moi:

1. I like to crush up saltines in a glass, pour milk over them and then eat them. This is a weird *ahem* delicacy passed down on my mother's side of the family. (We also like milk poured over crumbled corn bread).

2. I snore, and so does my cat. Some nights I'll doze off while watching TV and my husband says that I and my cat are snoring in stereo (hopefully, not surround sound!)
mrgreen

3. When I was growing up, The Graduate would play on TV at least once a year (just like The Wizard of Oz). I love The Graduate. I've seen it at least 30 times (but not in about five years now). However, I can still quote lines from it. A scene that still tickles me is when Ben tells his parents he's going to marry Elaine, and when they start congratulating him and asking when, he confesses that he hasn't asked her yet and that she won't speak to him. His father tells him it all seems a little half-baked to him. Ben's response, "No, it's completely baked." I love that line. I love his deadpan, self-assured delivery. Great scene.


4. My favorite band is REM. Unfortunately, they broke up this past year.
cry
One of my favorite songs of theirs is Exhuming McCarthy. I also love their cover of the Pylon song, Crazy.

5. The one and only time I tried to water ski, I shredded ligaments in my ankle so badly I was on crutches for weeks. I never attempted it again.

6. I'm a big, huge fan of an up-and-coming poet named Sara Lier. My favorite poem of hers is entitled Coney Island Elegy.

7. I enjoy reading books on my Android phone even more than I do my Kindle OR paperbacks! I use two different free apps: Aldiko (ePub) and Kindle for Android. They both allow for notes, bookmarking and hi-lites. Cool huh?

Now, here are the blogs I nominate:

Relish (Author Rae Renzi's blog)
Confucius Cat (Author P.R. Mason's cat's blog, LOL)
Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories (Book Blogger/Reviewer Jackie B)
Paradox-The Angels Are Here (Author Patti Roberts' Blog)
I added "one to grow on", so you'll see 11 blogs listed, instead of 10. I really tried to cut one, but I just couldn't! These are all such great blogs--you just gotta check them out!

Anyway, thanks again Trisha, for the nomination!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you K.E. I feel hononred and humbled by your kind words about my blog.

    Your diggs are pretty awesome...I love the hearts.

    Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm turning that thanks right back to you, because I love your blog! I'm glad you like the hearts (me, too :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say first of all congratulations on your very first award, well deserved and fits your site to a "T"!

    Thanks for nominating my site as well, do not accept blog awards any longer though am honored you thought of me K.E. .

    I hate to tell you but your milk and crackers "delicacy" is not so weird as my Mother-In-Law loves it too, also milk and cornbread together in a bowl so guess it is a "southern" thing or something that I do not get.

    Cat and you snoring in unison, boy can I relate to that. My Chihuahua and I do also! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jackie! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I LOOKED to see if you still took awards, but didn't see that you were a "no-award zone" blog. Oh, well! I really enjoy cruising over there and reading your blog, so hopefully, a few more people will come by now, too! I'm glad I'm not the only one that snores (period), but in unison with the animals, even better, LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thank you! I'm clearing out my inbox and just read your post. Congratulations on your award and thanks for the nomination. :-) I'll go check out the other blogs right now.

    BTW, so glad I'm not the only author who snores. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the award and HUGE apologies for the delay in thanking you.

    PS I love REM too!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.