Sunday, December 18, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #4

Hello, everyone! Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday and the next six sentences in Izzy and Sam's unfolding romance!

The past weeks I've been sharing snippets from my hot and steamy contemporary romance romp, DIAMONDS AND TOADS: A MODERN FAIRY TALE available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and All Romance eBooks. If you'd like to read an excerpt, click here.


Set-up: This is from part two, the "bad" sister, Isadora's story. She's been cursed with a quirky little speech impediment by a fairy, which forces her to say highly humiliating things. Sam, Isadora's ex-fiancĂ©, has  shown up unexpectedly to the engagement ball for her sister, Delilah, and has successfully met Isadora's unintentional sexual challenge to his manhood after he asked her to dance. Isadora, still attracted, but fighting it, is now out of options, with no means of refusing his request, so let's see what happens now....

***

Sam led her out onto the dance floor and they easily fell into the same old perfect rhythm they’d enjoyed so often during their short interlude together her sophomore year in college.

“I like your hair. I’m glad you’re not ruining the effect of all that sexy red with those blonde highlights anymore. This look suits you much better.”

“Mmm.”

***

I know, I know. It's only five sentences, but the next set shouldn't be broken up, so I decided to cut it a little short this week. Hope you don't mind!

But, hey, if you did enjoy this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating?  Have Fun and Happy Reading!

Oh! BTW! I'll be skipping posting a snippet next Sunday (because it's Christmas, and I've got big plans with Santa Clause *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*) but I hope to see you all back here again on January 1, 2012!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read, quirky read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More & More I want to read this book! I need to find it in my list & move it UP, closer to the top! Great 5! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, Jocelyn and Trish! Glad you enjoyed my snippet! Now, I'm back off to continue reading others' posts today :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting to see what quirky thing Isadora is going to come up with. Makes you wonder. Loved the set-up and the great five, K.E. Poor Sam. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carol! Loved yours, too (as you know!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great five sentences! Sam's sentence alone gives us a hint of heat. Hope you and Santa Clause have a great week and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested to see what she says to set him off. :) Fun six, KE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun read. I wonder what she meant to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sort of a back handed compliment which sounds like it did not go over too well..lol. Thanks for sharing this story with us!
    Christine London
    www.christinelondon.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a tease! Can't wait to read this--it's already on my Kindle. :-) Happy Holidays and read you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun! Having married my sweetie twice, I've always been a sucker for reunions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Brinda, Siohbhan/Meg, Babbette, and Christine for stopping over and leaving a comment! Glad you enjoyed my snippet today as much as I've enjoyed yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to know you've enjoyed the snippets so much you loaded the whole novel on your Kindle, Karysa! I can't wait to do the same with Swashbuckler!

    ReplyDelete
  14. JoAnn, I remember you saying that before somewhere. I find that SO-O-O romantic! Thanks for stopping by again and leaving a comment. (I'm still laughing over your story of your Toni Home Permanents as a kid from my week #2 SSS!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can only imagine what's really behind that "mmm" -- the classic never-neutral neutral response, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mostly, she's just afraid of what the fairy curse will have her say, if she does try to speak again, lol!! You know, "The better part of valor is discretion."

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read this book so I know it's all great, not just the snippets ;)

    Happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Lucy! Nice "seeing" you again! Hope your holidays are fun and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, seven sentences next time to make up for it! :D. Nice six - but want to know what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Angela! Hope your holidays are wonderful! "See" you next year, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.