Sunday, November 27, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my first-ever Six Sentence Sunday!

Today, I'll be sharing a snippet from my hot and steamy contemporary romance romp, DIAMONDS AND TOADS: A MODERN FAIRY TALE available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and All Romance eBooks. If you'd like to read an excerpt, click here.

Set-up: This is from part two, the "bad" sister, Isadora's, story. She's been cursed with a quirky little speech impediment by a fairy, so let's see what happens when her ex-fiance, Sam, shows up unexpectedly at her sister's engagement ball just as the band begins to play....


***

A second later, a warm hand fell on her shoulder. She started.

“They’re playing our song—shall we dance?” The familiar smooth-as-KahlĂșa voice sent an unwanted thrill through her.


I only dance with men with 9-figures. “I only dance with men with 9-inchers.” 

***

If you enjoyed this, why not stop by the Six Sentence Sunday website for the links to other authors who are participating?  Have Fun and Happy Reading!

19 comments:

  1. lol...sounds like a dangerous speech impediment to have. Great six :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! I ran over and read yours real quick (I'm working my way from the bottom up, but I skipped some to get to yours since you were so kind to leave a comment on mine, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, oops, that'd be an inconvenient curse. :) Fun six.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment Roni! Hope you're having fun blog-hopping! I know I sure am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tarah! Whew! I was hoping it would get a grin outta people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The challenge has been made, whether meant or not. I guess it's time for Sam to show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alix and Gem for dropping by and leaving a comment! And, Gem, you can bet you're exactly right about that LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, yeah, that's going to be a problem, lol. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Vivien! And thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Poor Sam -- got the short end of the stick, did he? *wink* haha (I'm picturing him turning beet red and looking around, hoping no one overheard her comment!)

    Great post, K! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by to comment Trisha! And I suppose I'll just have to put the answer to that on next week's post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol, this story sounds like a blast! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Gayle! Believe me, that was what I was going for, so it's good to hear it's striking the right chord! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi K.E. - thank you for being a featured guest on my blog yesterday - it was a wonderful day. You have such an awesome list of music!! (LOL)

    Thanks again for the fun and I hope we can do it again soon.

    I'm looking forward to reading your book.

    Kay Dee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Kay Dee! I had a geear rimw too! Would love another go sometime soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Make that ”great time too”! Lol! Sorry, smart phone, fat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fat thumbs! Geez, the technology is fighting me today ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer

K.E. Saxon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.